Sunday 23 October 2011

Let’s Talk University.

My work’s being a real pain at the moment. And I’m in a bad mood because of it, but I’m going to try my best to put that aside for now.

So, first University talk. Since I live in England, most of what I say will only apply for people living in England, that are applying to English Universities. I’m not too sure how other countries do the whole Uni thing, or how people from other countries apply here, or how people here apply to other countries. So this is what I know about the University process.
First up, I had to sign up for UCAS. This is how it’s done in England, possibly elsewhere, I’m not sure. I think it stands for something like University Course Application Service maybe, but again I’m not sure about that. What I do know, is that it makes it a whole lot easier to apply through UCAS, and it lets you apply to a maximum of five courses, all in one go. 
Around June time I signed up to UCAS, which you can do by going to the website http://www.ucas.com/ and clicking on Apply in the side bar. This then gives you a link saying ‘Register/Log In’. If you click on that link it should open a window, enabling you to sign up. I think most colleges will get students to do it anyway, but you can apply if you aren’t currently in a college or other educational institution. 
Once you’ve signed up, you can start putting in information about yourself: contact details, qualifications, job history, and most importantly (for me anyway), your five choices and your personal statement. 
That’s the basic UCAS intro for now.

Next week I’ll talk about my five choices.
Bye :)
supposedly looks like i’m floating :)