Monday 23 January 2012

The Interview Review

So the interviews are over, and all I can do now is wait. 
On friday I went to Falmouth, and this morning I was in Bournemouth.
The Falmouth interview was really nice in the way that they put us in groups of 3 or 4, and we got a campus tour by two current students, then we went to the campus bar for a free drink and a chat with two of the first year students. It was a good way to relax us into it, because I’m pretty sure I’m not the only one who gets super anxious before an interview. The actual interview consisted of us being set up on a table each, and three people (two lecturers and one student) would swap tables and ask us a series of questions. I liked the fact that we could show them bits of our work as we talked, unlike in Nottingham where one person looked through my work whilst another asked me questions, however it was kind of rushed and my words get extremely jumbled when I’m in a rush. I think it went fairly well though.
The whole thing at Bournemouth only lasted about an hour, it’s a fairly small campus anyway, and we only had a tour of the textile facilities. The actual interview process however lasted about 40 minutes, which was really nice because it gave me the chance to show all of the work I had taken, and talk about everything without getting tongue tied and forgetting bits.
I’m still not sure where I will end up going, but I don’t want to think about it too much, incase I get the decision made for me and it wasn’t the one I was hoping for.
So that’s it for University stuff for now, I’ll be uploading a Graphics and Photography Portfolio post, but thats about it until I hear back :)
Bye