Wednesday 1 February 2012

Exam Paper

So I got my exam paper today, yay!
If you’re not familiar with A Level Art Exam papers, it’s basically a booklet of about twenty ‘options’ and you get to choose one for you exam, as I’m doing 3 different Design A Levels, I get to choose 3 different ones. 
There are five sections:
-Stimuli
-Observational
-Design Brief
-Art In Context
-Visual Starting Points

I tend to choose from the first two, just because they give you a word, and it’s pretty vague so you can take it as closely related as you want. The other four give you an actual task, so you are pretty closed off from what you can actually do.
Initially I’m thinking of doing the word ‘Geometric’ from the Stimuli section for Textiles, and the word ‘Gesture’ from the Observational section for Photography.
I have no idea what I want to do for Graphics.
Once I’ve decided on my words I’ll do some mind-mapping, until I find a direction that I’m happy with continuing with.
I won’t be starting my Textiles and Graphics exam for another few weeks, since I’m still finishing off coursework, but I’ll be starting my Photography tomorrow, which is good because I’ve had an idea for a while now about what I’m wanting to do.
:)